Monday, April 28, 2014

Healthy Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins


I realized I hadn't posted a recipe since having William! I have a few on my previous blog. But decided I could start sharing some of my mommy recipes here. My son gets tired of the same old breakfast foods and lately he has really enjoyed the occasional breakfast muffin. I am always trying to get more vegetables in our diet and this one got him eating carrots for breakfast. Plus cutting done on oil and lots of sugar is also important for us. I use applesauce instead of oil and additional sugar along with egg substitute.

2 1/2 cups carrots shredded or chopped very fine
1/2 cup diced or crushed pineapple
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1 egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute (Which is what I used to reduce calories)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of applesauce
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients (I'm not a fussy baker throw it all into one bowl)
Preheat oven to 350
Spoon into paper lined muffin pan
Bake for 20 minutes

Makes approx. 12 muffins


Hope you guys enjoy them as much as we did. And I will try and put up more recipes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment