Friday, January 23, 2015

Dinner for 1 & 1/2!

So I don't know about a lot of other moms out there but when my husband is out of town on business I struggle to think of ideas for dinner. I'm so used to cooking a large meal every night that I honestly get stuck on what to do for just myself and one little person. I don't like resorting to pizza, or instant dinners. Plus let's be honest we have all cooked breakfast for dinner in these situations. But I can't do that every night. So I need other alternatives.

I have lunches and breakfast down packed for just the two of us. But thinking of cooking dinner for just us and dirtying pots... blah blah..(excuses I know) I get turned off the idea quickly. I know some folks would just cook a big meal and have leftovers. But people who know me already can tell you I am not a leftovers person. Sorry just not a fan.

But I do have one good go to meal I want to share. It's one pot and takes probably less than 15 minutes to make. And my kid loves it! You could easily make it for more people if you wanted. 


Creamy Lemon Chicken Fettuccine with Spinach

Ingredients :- 1 large chicken breast
-  Olive oil ( just a drizzle) to cook chicken
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper (or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a dash of pepper)
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Approximately 3 oz of pasta


First heat up a skillet and dice chicken. Then cook chicken in a drizzle of olive oil. Next add butter and flour to pot. Let them combine into a paste. Add in your chicken broth.Stir until flour is dissolved. Easy next step. Dump all other ingredients in. Pasta will cook in the sauce! Cover let simmer until pasta is tender and sauce thickens. That's it! Plus it tastes sooo good. Dinner for 1 and 1/2 done. With easy clean up. 

Please share some other easy meals you cook for just yourself or those like me 1 & 1/2. I really would love to know and add to my repertoire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment